Last Update: March 24, 2021
1. Contact details of the responsible person
HelloBetter is a trademark of the
GET.ON Institut für Online Gesundheitstrainings GmbH
Telephone number: +49 (0)40 / 532 528 67
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
GET.ON is responsible for the processing of your personal data.
2. Contact details of the data protection officer
Postal contact address:
Data Protection Officer of HelloBetter
c/o GET.ON Institut für Online Gesundheitstrainings GmbH
Oranienburger Str. 86a
E-Mail address: email@example.com
3. Data processing in the context of the application
3.1 Purpose of the data processing
The data collected during the application process is used exclusively to process your application for employment, insofar as this is necessary for the decision on the establishment of an employment relationship with us.
3.2 Legal basis of the data processing
The processing of your personal data within the application is based on the initiation and implementation of contractual relationships in accordance with Article 6(1)(b) GDPR, and § 26 BDSG.
If you do not provide us with your data, your application cannot be processed or an employment relationship cannot be entered into, as the provision of personal data is necessary for the conclusion of a contract for employment with us.
Please note that the revocation only takes effect for the future. Processing that took place before the revocation is not affected.
3.3 Scope of the processing of personal data
We process personal data related to your application. Personal data of our applicants is regularly processed only after the applicant has given his or her consent. The following personal data is processed:
- Date of birth
- E-Mail address
- Telephone number
- Information on professional qualifications and school education
- Information on continuing professional development
- Public accessible, job-related information (e.g. LinkedIn, XING)
as well as other data that you provide to us in connection with your applications.
We only pass on your personal data within our company to those areas and persons who need this data to fulfil contractual and legal obligations or to implement our legitimate interest.
Depending on how you apply to HelloBetter, your application data may also be transferred to other service providers. These include among others
- Operators of social networks (LinkedIn, XING, etc.)
- Job portals
- Employment agencies
- Communication service providers (e-mail providers, messenger service providers, etc.)
3.5 Storage period of your data
We store your personal data as long as this is necessary for the decision on your application. Your personal data or application documents will be deleted a maximum of 6 months after the end of the application process, unless longer storage is required or permitted by law.
4. Data privacy rights
You can assert the rights listed below against HelloBetter.
With regard to the right to information and the right to deletion, the restrictions according to §§ 34 and 35 BDSG (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz – Federal Data Protection Act) apply.
4.1 Information according to Article 15 GDPR
You can request information about the personal data processed about you by HelloBetter, together with a copy of the data.
4.2 Right of rectification under Article 16 GDPR
If your data is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to request the correction or completion of your personal data.
4.3 Deletion of your personal data according to Article 17 GDPR
You can request the deletion of your personal data if one of the following reasons applies:
- The personal data are no longer necessary for the purpose for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
- You object to the processing in accordance with point 6 and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing.
- The personal data have been processed unlawfully.
- The deletion of personal data is necessary to comply with a legal obligation under Union or German law.
This does not apply insofar as the processing is necessary:
- To comply with a legal obligation which requires processing in the relevant law.
- To assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
4.4 Restriction of processing pursuant to Article 18 GDPR
You may request the restriction of the processing of your personal data if one of the following conditions applies:
- You dispute the accuracy of the personal data.
- The processing is unlawful and erasure of your personal data is refused by you.
- The data is no longer needed for the purposes of processing, but is required by you for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- You have objected to the processing (see right of objection, point 6) and the weighing of interests in the context of the objection procedure has not yet been completed.
4.5 Data portability according to Article 20 GDPR
You have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, common and machine-readable format.
4.6 Right of appeal under Article 77 GDPR
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider the data processing of your personal data infringes applicable data privacy laws and regulations. The supervisory authority responsible for HelloBetter is
The Hamburg Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information
Prof. Dr. Johannes Caspar
Ludwig-Erhard-Str. 22, 7. OG
Telephone number: +49 (0)40 / 428 54 – 4040
Fax.: +49 (0)40 / 428 54 – 4000
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Right of objection according to Article 21 GDPR
You have the right to object at any time, on the grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning you which is carried out on the basis of Article 6(1)(f) GDPR (data processing based on a balance of interests).
If you object, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.